This title’s a bit of a misnomer. I’m not going to tell you how to handle your emotions. In fact, to an extent, I’m going to tell you not to handle your emotions. And then how to handle them again. And then how to let them go.
I lied about something else…
[Written on my Kindle c. 1:00AM]
Losing control of your mind is horrifying.
It happens to everyone sometimes but for discrete periods – you know somewhere that it’s going to come back and that your madness is temporary.
I don’t know how to deal with…
i know that on tumblr we’re bad at being positive about ourselves so reblog this post with one thing you really like about yourself ok i’ll start
i have ridiculously awesome boobs
- Stop being scared of open windows. They let in light, not the world.
- Eat more food. Eat better food. Listen to your body. Don’t sit around in hunger because of laziness. Eat a damn apple.
- Commit to something. A book, a blog, an exercise plan, a rubber band ball.
- Keep your desk clean. Work smarter. Stay organized.
- Make better friends, not more of them. Grow relationships.
- Cry. But only when appropriate.
- Breathe deeply at least once a day.
- Buy things you want.
- But only if you can afford them.
- Make the world more beautiful.
- Kiss someone who deserves it.
- Fight for something you believe in.
- Don’t covet. Get.
- Don’t pick at things. Not your skin, not your insecurities, not your friends.
- Go somewhere new. A coffee shop, a country, it doesn’t matter.
- Dress up for no reason. You don’t need a reason to be fancy.
- Stop holding grudges. Stop letting grudges hold you.
- Say “yes” sometimes.
- Plant something and let it grow.
- Play. Be silly. Don’t care.
- Do things for no good reason. “Because I want to” can be the best reason of all.
- Explore the world. Be amazed by bricks and dust bunnies and shafts of sunlight and moss on trees.
- Don’t make plans you won’t follow through on. Know your limitations. Know your self-control. Accept them and work with them.
- Worry less. Live more.
working in a corporate environment has made me be more creative about my fashion choices than having the freedom to wear whatever i want ever did like dressing conservatively but stylishly is such a valuable life skill thank you so much adulthood for giving me this gift
i want someone to want me so badly that they go to my house at two in the morning and they press me up against a wall and kiss the fuck out of me and their hands are everywhere and I can’t breathe because they’re all over me and in my lungs and organs and under my skin